New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Parasol's Style Roast Beef Po Boy Recipe st Nola Cuisine

From Nola Cuisine


I've had a taste for a Roast Beef Po Boy from Parasol's ever since my trip there in March and decided to make my own based on a video I saw of the owner Jeff Carerras making one. I recreated a recipe from what I saw on the video, in a smaller version for the home cook. It really scratched an itch, especially since I super sized the amount of beef on the Po Boys. Here is the recipe:

Parasol's Style Roast Beef Po Boy Recipe

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

This sure looks good. Perhaps you could give some advise to this Yankee. I recently ran into a contracftor from Louisiana who filled my head with ideas about a "Coonass Microwave" So I made one, it came out great and we have used it several times but I just don't know what to cook that might break it in with that Cajun flavor I am searching for. Now remember I am up here in Yankee teritory and might have a hard time locating some of the finer southern spices and sauces.

Thanks for any and all advise. You can check out our grill, (What I refer to as a dutch oven on steroids at www.thecourseofmen.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Wayne

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Amabel said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home