New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Eggs Sardou Recipe at NOLA CUISINE


Eggs Sardou
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
I made Eggs Sardou for breakfast this morning, good lord was it delicious. I love eating with reckless abandon for caloric intake. :)

I'm thinking of doing a whole string of the different New Orleans Egg dishes as I did for the New Orleans Chicken dishes.


Also, check out my ever growing Index of Creole & Cajun Recipes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the Eggs Benedict from Court of Two Sisters--just can't get the sauce down with that tangy bite to it. Any ideas?

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always make my hollandaise with lemon juice instead of vinegar. Comes out very tangy!

3 Tablespoons of lemon juice, two egg yolks, 1 stick of butter.

Put the lemon juice and egg yolks in a small, heavy (for even heat) pan, set on low heat. Add 1/2 the stick of butter. Stir constantly. When the butter is completely melted, add the other 1/2 of the stick. Stir constantly again, until it also is completely gone. Stir and heat another minute or two until the sauce thickens.

Apparently, the trick is getting the butter to melt at the right rate, without the lemon juice curdling the eggs.

I've never timed it, but I would guess the whole process takes maybe 5-6 minutes. My wife makes everything else we're having (poached eggs, English muffins, Canadian bacon, for instance) while I make the sauce. Comes out about the same time. If you do anything else but stir, (or if the sauce gets too hot, or if it's the wrong phase of the moon) the sauce will separate. If that happens, throw it in a blender. Doesn't come out quite as well, but still okay for a Sunday brunch at home.

I hope this helps. Try it!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home