New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Monday, November 14, 2005

Andouille Sausage Recipe


Andouille Sausage
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
Yesterday's Andouille Sausage turned out beautifully, I couldn't be happier with the finished product. The recipe and smoking procedure are here at Nola Cuisine.
I made a Jambalaya for dinner tonight and the sausage was perfect; tender with bold flavor. The coarse, hand chopped texture made for a more tender sausage in the pot. It made a world of difference, truly the best that I've made yet, and truthfully, better than most that I have purchased.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your Andouille sausages are absolutely beautiful and they look very apetizing!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Wow, I can taste and smell those sausage through my monitor. This apple powerbook is amazing-haa :)
Happy belated Thanksgiving NO Cuisine . Hope you and yours had a great weekend.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Danno said...

Thanks Rosa and Mona, I'm glad that I got your tastebuds tickled. I hope you both had a very happy Thanksgiving!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How many pounds of meat is this recipe for? One would think meat is an important ingredient.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone who quotes "a confederacy of dunces" wins my immediate trust! your sausage looks amazing, thanks for sharing this.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home