New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Steen's 100% Pure Cane Syrup


Steen's
Originally uploaded by Danno1.

If you haven't already, check out this outstanding product from Abbeville, Louisiana. No preservatives. That has a nice ring to it doesn't it! Speaking of which, has anyone else looked at the label on any of Emeril Lagasse's line of products. I happened to check out the ingredients list on his BBQ sauce, the first ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup! Well, if he wants to put his name, face, and reputation on a bottle of that mass produced corporate swill, that's his business. I make my own BBQ sauce and I use Steen's. It really is a great product, similar to molasses, but thinner with a slightly milder flavor. I make a Boudin stuffed Pork Chop with a Steen's glaze. You may have to hunt around your local Gourmet stores to find it, or just get it online. Personally, I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

Incidentally, if you live in the Detroit area, you can find Steen's, as well as a wealth of other hard to find products at:

Rafal Spice Company, 2521 Russell St., Detroit, MI 48207 (in Eastern Market downtown)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can find Steens at Walmart here in AUstin, TX. Now my kids love Steens also.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home