New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Creole Gumbo and All That Jazz by Howard Mitcham

This is another of my absolute favorite New Orleans Cuisine cookbooks. I linked it to amazon.com so you can see it, and they have it for about $10, I payed $16. This is one of my favorite books to just sit down and thumb through. It was first published in 1978, and what I love about this book, in addition to all of the fantastic recipes, is the history of the dishes and ingredients. The author gives a very in depth description and history to a variety of different species of seafood, with loads of recipes for each; from oysters to alligators. He also has sections about different pioneer jazz musicians of New Orleans: Buddy Bolden, Jelly Roll morton, Louis Armstrong, etc. You really can't go wrong with this cookbook if you love Louisiana cooking, want to learn about it, or just want some great recipes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home