New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Monday, February 07, 2005

Zapp's Chips!


DSC00010-1
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
Hey, I was just watching a show on the food-network about potato chips, and hell, it's the day before Mardi Gras, and Zapp's didn't come up!!?? Get your Muffaletta or your Po' Boy or whatever sandwich strikes your fancy, but for God's Sake, get your Zapp's with it!!!! Your in New Orleans man... you know what they say, when in New Orleans do as the ahh.... Romans do, or something like that....hey I think they sell Zapp's at the Central Grocery, that's Roman enough for me!!...They're Italian!!! But whatever the cliche....Get your Zapp's Jack! Check out my pic! Central grocery Muff, Abita Turbo Dog and......you guessed it....Zapp's Cajun Crawtators! Talk about your balanced diet! We also topped that off with some boiled crawfish from the french market!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Zapps' are fine chips indeed! And they do sell them at Central Grocery but you'll pay a premium. We found the 5.5 ounce bags 2 for $3 at Wal-Mart, which was cheaper than Central's price for the 2-ounce bag.
For real 'Nawlins taste, try the Spicy Creole Tomato with Tabasco (which is advertised on the bag as a "Limited Edition")

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home