New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Muffuletta Incident


Me with the Mighty Muffaletta
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
Damn! This is a sore topic for me! Not really (but well,... yeah really). I ordered a Muffuletta at The Central Grocery on Decatur last year, the day I was going home from Mardi Gras! Needless to say, I was a tad bit hung over and a little crabby! The guy at the register took my order, and, after a misunderstanding about if the order was taken, quite frankly, got a little shitty with me. He called over, who I call, one of the Muffaletta Nazis! This guy, said something like, "You're pretty impatient, you must be pretty hungry! ( Son of a Bitch basically called me Portly!! LOL!) Here's what I wanted to say, "Listen you &%@#&, you know what you can do with this sandwich? Shove it right up the Venitian Canal of your Italian Arse! Or, let me put this in terms you can understand...VAFFANCULO!!!!"
But I sucked it up, (and I'm still pissing & moaning about it) because the sandwich was for a friend back home, plus, I didn't want to pull a Castanza. But maybe Tom will tell his version of the story! I don't want to be one sided about the Central Grocery guys! After I get this out of the way, I can spill about how good their sandwich is, and why I'll go back for more abuse! I truthfully don't know why I got so bent over this, I would never eat at a deli with friendly counter people, because the food is probably horrible! After all, a corned beef sandwich in New York doesn't taste good unless you're verbally kicked in the nuts by the counter people. But that's another story!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you are not from New Orleans I take it, but just blogged about learning about New Orleans cooking. Corned Beef? That isn't a sandwich meat in New Orleans, so you must be a New Yorker from birth.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home