New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Dixie Beer


dixie
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
Dixie Beer! To me, nothing goes better with a po-boy, Muffaletta, boiled crawfish, the list goes on and on! A lot of beer snobs talk trash about Dixie! But to me, Dixie is THE beer when I'm in New Orleans, or cooking up some New Orleans Cuisine. Crisp and refreshing. Nostalgia for Mardi Gras past. Dixie has been brewed in New Orleans since 1907! It showed it's face in Detroit again in about the last year, thank god, and for about $5.99 a six pack! I don't know why we couldn't get it. Anyway, check it out, it's great with spicy foods! They also brew Blackened Voodoo and Crimson Voodoo, both also really nice and readily available!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home